QUARANTINE ART EXHIBITION CALL FOR ENTRIES
Quad City Arts’ plan to help regional artists stay motivated by creating artwork throughout the Quarantine which began in March 2020, will continue into 2021 with the culminating exhibition of chosen works postponed to October 2021. The plan is to share the artwork with the public when we can safely gather socially. As the pandemic wears on, it is more important than ever for people to express themselves creatively. “Art is the achievement of stillness in the midst of chaos.” (Saul Bellow)
Calling all visual artists: “Quarantine Art Exhibition”
All artists residing within a 250-mile radius of the Quad Cities are invited to submit up to two artworks of any medium created during the pandemic which began in March 2020, for a juried, group exhibition in Quad City Arts’ Rock Island Gallery from October 15-December 3, 2021. There is NO entry fee. Artwork that was entered previously will still be considered.
GALLERY SHOW TIMELINE
- Friday, August 6, 2021: Entries for “Quarantine Art Exhibition” due by midnight using Quad City Art’s website: Quadcityarts.com
- September 10, 2021: Artists will be notified of acceptance status
- October 9, 2021: Accepted artists deliver artwork to Quad City Arts between 10-5 (mailed art must arrive by October 8)
- December 3, 2021: “Quarantine Art Exhibition” closes at Quad City Arts
- December 4, 2021: Artists pick up work at Quad City Arts between 10-5 pm
- Reception to be announced
The entry deadline for this exhibit has passed, we are not taking any additional submissions for this show.
For artists interested in participating in a gallery show or are inTERESTED IN selling artwork please contact us